Donate: text

Donate to Help us Along Our Trip

Donate to help us along the trip

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How it All Came to Be

Tani and I are not professional travelers, and we have not traveled much. We don't have the first clue as  how to do this, but we're doing it anyway.

So it all started during our time in the military (Tani and I did not serve together) we'd sit and talk on our vacations off, and we would constantly go on about how we would go on a trip we'd tell our kids about. About how we'd do crazy things like hiking, hunting, and fishing. I even suggested we shoot a drug dealer just for shits and giggles, but Tani decided that that would have to wait til next time. We talked about buying an RV and driving around like an old married couple, and other ridiculous ideas. Finally, Tani's mother being fed up with listening to us go on about the trip for hours at a time told me that she'll pay me fifty bucks at the airport if we actually go, and that's when we bought our tickets.

Just to spite his mother and all of our friends who sadly did not believe in us Tani and I went straight to the internet and bought plane tickets to the US. My dates are from July 23, 2014 until October 21, 2014.

We began the debate of where we would go, and after much brotherly debating (calling each other atrocious names you wouldn't call your worst enemy) we decided that we'd travel from Washington D.C. to California and back. We looked up and researched parks and attractions for days if not weeks. Constantly debating whether certain sites were to far out of the way, or if we could afford it.

Money is a huge issue as we are on a very limited budget of eight thousand dollars each. I know that sounds like more than enough, but it really isn't. Just the car, gas, food, motels, and supplies costs around five thousand each, and that doesn't include attractions and sight seeing.

We found an amazing site that helped us plan our trip and it can be seen in the picture that I am attaching to here.

There is so much to say so you'll have to follow my other posts as well, I hope that I'll be able to properly document it all.
.

Sincerely,
Mickey Polevoy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete